Brighton & Worthing Beach Tennis club held their inaugural Annual General Meeting yesterday and was well attended by the club’s membership. Following very promising first year results, both financial and membership numbers the club is aiming for growth yet again in year two.
It was agreed that the management committee made up of Kasia Chmielewska (Chair), Suzy Twigg (Secretary) and Henrik Allen (Treasurer) did a grand job in year one and would be taking on the same roles again for the 2017/18 season to hopefully play an integral part in the clubs growth for another season.
The main objectives for the club in 2017/18 were decided as follows:
- maintain current members
- increase club membership by 10 additional members
- initiate a new club league
- identify and apply for pots of funding – especially targeting funding to cover court hire costs
- add a new weekday evening session at the Brighton Courts
- access beach tennis specific coaching sessions
Overall the club has a very successful first season and are looking forward to getting stuck into 2017.